History of Phillips Eye Institute
Phillips Eye Institute – a campus of Abbott Northwestern Hospital was designed to function as a free standing eye specialty center associated with Mount Sinai Medical Center. It was developed by and for ophthalmologists, realized due to the persistence, determination and resourcefulness of a large group of people. Jay Phillips was the main benefactor of Mount Sinai Hospital and a strong supporter of Mount Sinai’s Division of Ophthalmology. Because of his generous philanthropic support, Phillips Eye Institute bears his name.
Services Offered at Phillips Eye Institute Minneapolis MN
- Surgical services – The expertise of the care team combined with the latest technology sets patients at ease no matter what type of surgical procedure they will undergo.
- Laser vision correction (LASIK) – This minimally invasive procedures correct several types of vision impairments – including nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism – and reduces dependency on glasses or contacts.
- Pharmacy – Pharmacists who are specially trained in compounded medications to patients in and out of the hospital. The pharmacy offers the full range of medications, online ordering and delivery by mail.
- Diagnostic services – The latest equipment combined with a specially trained staff ensures patients will have access to the most advanced techniques and tests.
- Emergency/Eye trauma services – Emergency eye treatment can be accessed at Abbott Northwestern Hospital’s Emergency Department.
- Low vision services – Services provided enable people living with low vision to make the best of their remaining eyesight. Patients may purchase helpful resources and tools at the Minnesota Low Vision Store, conveniently located on our campus.
- Inpatient services – Specially trained staff provide care and education so patients are better prepared to care for their eye(s) upon discharge.
Phillips Eye Institute is the second largest eye specialty hospital (in patient volume) in the United States. Dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of eye diseases and disorders, Phillips Eye Institute’s ophthalmologists offer an extensive array of specialty services from diagnostic tests and vision rehabilitation to laser eye treatments and specialized eye surgery. PEI offers an extensive array of specialty services from diagnostic tests and vision rehabilitation to laser eye treatments and specialized eye surgery.
Phillips Eye Institute – A Campus of Abbott Northwestern HospitalAddress:
2215 Park Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55404